On 17 February, the RA Chamber of Advocates of the RA had organized a seminar-discussion with the heads of the law firms that operate in Armenia. Around 50 advocates among them the heads of over 20 law firms attended the discussion.
Mr. Ara Zohrabyan, President of the RA Chamber of Advocates, welcomed the heads and representatives of the law firms and highlighted the importance to establish close relations between the law offices and the RA Chamber of Advocates. He said that such meetings will be continuous and will be directed to the development of the Advocacy institute and the advocates’ community in Armenia.
During the discussion, President of the “Legal Alliance” Law Firm, Advocate Karen Zadoyan spoke about the problems that were more frequently encountered during the work of the company that he managed. Specifically, Mr. Zadoyan offered to consider the demands of the law firms while organizing the trainings for the advocates. He also suggested discussing the opportunities for the reforms of the legislation regulating this sphere aimed to promote the advocacy activities as a business. Karen Zadoyan offered to consider the possibility of introducing insurance from the possible legal mistake in Armenia.
In terms of the development of the law firms the Chamber of Advocates and the participants of the discussion raised the following issues:
1. Creation of the network of law firms in the website of the Chamber:
2. Creation of a section “Useful Packages of Advocates” on the website of the Chamber, which will include Medical Insurance, Lending and other interesting offers and discounts for the advocates:
3. Creation of the database of necessary work places on the website of the Chamber, which is visible for the advocates only.
4. Creation of the database of offender judges on the website of the Chamber, based on the model of barristers, which is visible for the advocates only.
5. Involve one or two scientific research experts in the Palace: provide opinions on legislative packages or theoretical issues (the funding issue needs additional specification).
6. Booking of management software programs for the law firms (the funding issue needs additional specification).
7. Active introduction of trainings on management of the law firms
8. Collection of information on Professional Liability Insurance packages of the law firms.