Mariam Zadoyan has 7-year professional work experience with the following specializations:
Civil Law: corporate, contractual, labor, family and inheritance relations, banking, property and intellectual property, insolvency, the foundation, reorganization of legal entities, maintenance of compulsory enforcement proceedings, etc.
Administrative Law: administrative, tax, and customs relations, the appeal of administrative acts.
International Law: development of appeals and other documents for the international courts submission, development of agreements with foreign organizations and establishment of foreign legal entities.
Mariam Zadoyan has acted as national legal expert in the frameworks of the projects financed by the EU, CoE, OSCE, NED, GIZ, World Bank, USA and German Embassies in RA.
- Provision of legal advice,
- Legal Risk Assessment and Formulation of Legal Memos dedicated to their elimination or reduction,
- Formulation of Judicial Documents, including applications to the Courts of First Instance, Appellate and Supreme Courts, European Court of Human Rights,
- Compilation of various civil law contracts, including non-standard agreements, such as Terms and Conditions of the websites, contracts for the provision of services for the delivery of messaging services and for delivery of Internet cable services for general cable use,
- Development of internal corporate packages for legal entities, including non commercial organizations, residents of free economic zones, social enterprises, such as
– Development of charters, statutes and other founding documents aimed at the establishment of legal entities, as well as their reorganization (including merger, merger, division, separation, reorganization)
– Management of human resources of legal entities, including the drafting of employment contracts, individual legal acts, job descriptions and other related documents,
– Formulation of procurement documents of legal entities,
– Development and submission of a package of legislative proposals to the relevant state bodies for the purpose of improving the activities of legal entities and their subsequent advocacy,
– Compilation of anti-corruption compliance programs, codes of ethics, policies on conflict of interest and gifts and other related documents for legal entities,
- Due Diligence,
- Protection of clients’ rights and legal interests in courts, other state and non-state bodies, including the stage of compulsory enforcement proceedings,
- Lectures at the School on Practical Skills for Young Lawyers on “Negations: Harvard model”, “Legal English”, “Legal Research and Writing”.
Education and Qualifications
|From 2016||PhD in Law (expected in 2021), Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) University, Law Department, “Civil and Civil Procedure law”, (Candidate Minimums: 5/5), Topic of the dissertation: “Institute of Moral Damage in RA”|
|2018||Procurement Specialist License, RA Ministry of Finance|
|2014 – 2015||Attorney License, School of Advocates of the RA, “Civil and Administrative law” Specialization|
|2013 – 2016||LLM Degree, American University of Armenia, accredited with the University of California, (GPA: 3.64/4)|
|2009 – 2013||Dual LLB Degree, French University in Armenia, Jean Moulin Lyon 3, (Ranking: Top 10%)|
- Vice President and Founder of the Armenian Young Lawyers Associatio
- Member of the Armenian Chamber of Advocates
- Full member of the Armenian Lawyers Association
- Member of the Working Group aimed at the development of the amendments to the RA Labour Code, established by the RA Labour and Social Affaires
- Member of the RA Council on Women Issues, established by the Degree of RA Prime Minister
- Member of the EU Young European Ambassadors’ Network
- Member of the EU Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellows’ Network
- Member of the Working Groups established by the Degrees of the RA Ministry of Justice on the “Institutional Framework to Fight Corruption in RA”, “Criminalization of Illicit Enrichment in RA”, “Introduction of the Mechanisms for the Protection of Whistleblowers in RA”
Participation in a number of seminars, training and other professional events in the United States, Great Britain, EU countries (Germany, Belgium, France, Italy, Portugal, Austria, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia) and EaP countries (Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova) as a speaker or attendee․
PRO BONO ACTIVITIES/ VOLUNTEERING
Mariam Zadoyan has acted/is acting on voluntary basis as:
- Lecturer for the mandatory training for advocates implemented by the RA Chamber of Advocates and Representative in the Competition Board for the “Corruption Prevention Commission”
- Coordinator and expert for the “Bizprotect” whistle-blowing platform specifically designed for businesses,
- Project Manager and Expert of the “Introduction of the institute of beneficial ownership as means for tackling monopolies in RA”,
- Legal expert for the “Iravaban.net” independent news website and hostess for the “Legal Week” Program,
- Legal expert for the CSOs Anti-Corruption Coalition of Armenia and Mentor for the “Anti-Corruption School for Young Leaders”
- National Co-Administrator of the Armenian Rounds of the “Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition”, organized by the International Law Students Association
- Legal Adviser for the Armenian Lawyers Association in the frameworks of provision of free legal advice to vulnerable groups of population.
(Co)Author of more than 30 reports and other publications.
|2018||Medal for the fight against corruption, RA Chief Prosecutor|
|2018||Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowship, EU|
|2016||One of the 3 Best Oralists, Best Memorial, Winning Team, P. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Armenian Rounds|
|2016||Pension of Advocate Ezegelyan for the francophone advocates, RA Chamber of Advocates|
|2014||“Future of the Firm”, “Legal Alliance” Law Firm|
|2008||Best Student of the Year, European Movement in Armenia|
Armenian (native), English (excellent), Russian (excellent), French (excellent), German (good), Spanish (beginner)